Re: IML: Water filter idea

>Chris,

 Glad to. the filters and the mounting bracket are very
reasonable to buy( ~35-40 for the bracket and each filter is
5-6 bucks). To add the system to your Imperial, just make a
cut at some point about halfway between where the input hose
runs from the engine block to the firewall.

I mounted both of the systems directly to the passenger side
inner fender well in a spot that was chosen for convenience
and didn't interferew with anything else under the hood. The
mounting brackets are made of aluminum and you have a marked
in and out hose connection. I went to a local hardware store
and used plain plumbing fittings to match up with the hoses.

The only thing to do after putting the filter on the bracket
is just to be aware of the amount of heat comming in the
car. When the heat output of the heater gets low, it's time
to get another filter.

I use a filter made by Baldwin and I bought the filter and
bracket at Cumberland Truck Parts . Their website is
:www.cumberlandtruck.com . You can get any other details
there, I'm sure.

Good Luck!

Clark Thomas

Clark--fantastic tip! Gonna do the same set up on my '66