RE: SV: IML: Smoke on Dash equals Heater Coil leak

Did he say heater control valve or heater coil? If it's the heater core you can bypass it, but you won't get any heat. I don't know where you live, but I wouldn't go to long in the winter without it. Maybe if you live in Texas..... If it's the heater control valve then you can try Teddy's instructions. Either way, good luck, verify what exactly is leaking before you take it all apart.

Rob

From: Peter Östrand <peter.ostrand@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: SV: IML: Smoke on Dash equals Heater Coil leak
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 20:36:34 +0100

By-pass the heater control valve temporarily, until you can fix it. Put a
valve in to the hose so there's a way to turn of the heat, I have done it in
one of our -66 converts:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/teddyfreddy2000/detail?.dir=90ce
<http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/teddyfreddy2000/detail?.dir=90ce&.dnm=b575.jp
g&.src=ph> &.dnm=b575.jpg&.src=ph