Re: IML: 63 Imperial On Ebay

As a matter of fact I was talking to a derby dude that was over at my shop a few weeks back and made mention of the 60 Lebaron that I was restoring and the first question he asked was, "Does it have a Hemi?" I said i didn't know because there is so much stuff attached to the engine I cant even tell what kind of engine I have. I think there is hope for these older model Imperials to start increasing in more of the collectors price range out of reach for the derbies. Also, the International market seems to show a high level of interest in these cars but makes for a difficult transaction. Perhaps someone needs to get into the third party clearing house for International classic car sales. I bet that this could become quite profitable.

Ct. Drakeula

RandalPark@xxxxxxx wrote:
I have noticed that the HEMI years are skyrocketing in price, at least from the asking side. If this is really true, it won't be too long before the others follow. The wedge models had the same great quality and styling, and actually, the wedge cars ran wonderful, too. The new familiarity that is happening with the HEMI name will probably rub off on the rest sooner or later.

Paul

In a message dated 11/23/2004 1:14:10 AM Eastern Standard Time, Drake Rickertsen writes:

>Only time will tell as far as Imperials being collectible or just interesting looking old cars. I dont think a car is truly collectible unless it sells for $30,000 and up. I see a relist for a 1959 Imperial with only 4,000 miles on it and in great shape. First auction was a bust with the buyer deciding not to buy it for the $13,500 now it's hanging around the $6,000 mark. Geeez....I see used car lots selling some pretty average looking cars for that price. I would say that because full restorations of these cars are pretty expensive that in all likelyhood most will end up in the junkyard, parted out to derby dudes or just raced on the track until they are pretty much ruined. That's to bad that this is the plight for a majority of Imperials because I think these cars were well built luxury cars with beautiful styling unique and different each year. Perhaps the true collectors of these cars will have the last laugh 10 years from now. The 1970 Barracudas ended up on the race tracks and
> chopped up now supply levels are very low leaving collectors scrambling to own showroom new 1970 Cudas at 100k and up. I have seen restored Imperials from the 30's and 40's sell for $50k and up. I guess there is still hope for those 1950's and 60's Imperials.
>
>Ct. Drakeula
>
>Alex Ferch wrote:
>
>My belief is that overall, most of the old cars are commanding less money than a few years back. The exceptions being the muscle cars, and the expected 57 Chevy, 59 Caddies, et al. I always have been attracted to the less popular models since I was a kid. For now, the Imperials seem to be in sort of a nether region between collectibles and old cars. They attract a certain type of person and there aren't enough of us around to rescue all that we like to. Considering how few were built each year, parts are Really gonna be a bear in the future. Alex
>Drake Rickertsen wrote:
>Hey I was wondering......why do these cars sell so cheap on Ebay?? I think what's gonna happen is that all these Imperials are gonna eventually get blown out for practically nothing to the derby dudes. Until someday there are just a few left. I was talking to a derby guy over the phone a few days ago and it appears that gettings ahold of these Imperials for the track are very desireable because they run so well. So the big question is...are Imperials collectible or are they just fun to run into the ground in derby demolition? It looks like the Derby dudes are gonna win this contest of wills
>
>Best Regards,
>
>Ct. Drakeula
>
>Alex Ferch wrote:
>
>Here's the link to a 63 Imperial listed today on Ebay. We just bought one. Otherwise......................Hope this makes someone's day! Alex Ferch, 63 Crown Sedan. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4506728848&category=43905

> [...]
?Ûiÿü0Â)©z¸??ÉnmÊ&N¬?ë,j°jË?ÛhÊ??ÊØ^"j^®&¥1¨¥?x ?ËO?æ¬z·©?+h?¨¥?x%?Ëb??«?©\?æÜ¢f§w*.®·¬¦?ì{¥?·¬?ªÞw­?ëÞ¯*'xú⽫^?ë,j¬jwZ¶Ö??g§¶Çè®Ø^Ù¢?+-­«h®Ë!¢é]më?ÛhÁææjË^®)©z¸??ÉnmÊ&N?I@R
-¢m§ÿâ??«?©\?æÜ¢oî?Ë?±Êâmèm