Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 9:16 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: 74 Coupe story

Hello all,

Just got back home a couple hours ago from picking up
the "special handling" 74 Coupe. I should mention that
I was not the high-bidder, but I took the beast off of
Chuck's hands so as to preserve the domestic
tranquility. (haha)

Point is because Chuck had the guts to bid, this baby
sleeps safe in my garage tonight, where derbyfolk fear
to tread. This means that I've now got four Imperials,
as well as too many other old Mopars!

I really haven't had much time to do anything with the
car beyond a few quick pictures. I will say that code
M51 was not a misprint! Even after I asked the guy if
it had a sunroof, he still said "no"! OK, fine w/me!
It also has functioning headlight hocus-pocus, and the
factory alarm. I can't think of too much she doesn't
have.

The doors are rusted, and I'm guessing because they
were aftermarket undercoated, which typically does
nothing but plug the drainholes. Mopars usually don't
suffer from door-seam rot that is all too common on GM
products. All of the other rusted areas seem to be
minor surface stuff. Thankfully, this car doesn't have
the factory bodyside moldings (which I hate). Sorry if
I have offended anyone, lol.

Once I got it into the garage, I tried the power
goodies and it seems they all work. The beam-changer
was doing its thing all the way home.

If you'd like to hear more details, click this link...

http://65.219.61.150/forums/showthread.php?p=224762#post224762

It will take you to another board that I post on. Mine
is the 9th post down, and I include a couple
photolinks at the end.

That's all for now, I need a shower after spilling gas
all over myself whilst priming the beast!

Carmine F.

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
www.yahoo.com