IML: frusteration

Hey group...I noticed that there are those of us that mostly contribute information and those of us that constantly rack your brains for information like myself. I'm trying to gain general automotive knowledge and not just imperial knowledge so I tend to ask pretty generic questions. I would love to be a quadruple certified ASE technician but that aint goin to happen. The only formal training I have is a beginning high school auto class and that was about 6 years ago. I just get mad at myself for not knowing things about my Le Baron.
Anyway I just got my 1963 Le Baron out of jail (the shop) and after I have driven it and i put it back into park the engine races and then i go to shut off the ignition and it goes clunk clunk clunk before the car shuts down. What the hell is this? Ive never had this problem before! I hate not being an expert in this subject. I remember I rebuilt the engine myself and then i tried to hand turn the crankshaft and it wouldnt budge. so I took it in to a shop and told me I had practically put the whole engine together backwards...dammit I love auto mechanics but I dont know relativley much about it.

Brandt
Lake Forest, CA
1963 Le Baron