IML: Imperial Spotting

Hello All,
Just thought I would pass along some info on a rather obscure film. It is called She Can't Say No. Forget the typical early 50's plot.  The movie opens in a Chrysler / Imperial new car showroom! And the female lead ( Jean Simmons ) is sitting in a brand new 1951 Imperial Convertible!!!!! And if this is not enough, lurking in the background is a long wheelbase Crown Imperial!!!!!!!!
Since this is a Black & White film, it is impossible to accurately depict the colors. I imagine that the convertible is creamy white with a deep red leather interior. if you manage to see the movie, note the unusual sew style of the leather interior. The Imperial is prominently featured throughout.
I wonder about two aspects of this film. First, the car is obviously a 51. However, the release date is 1954. Since the producer was Howard Hughes and the stories about him state that he was a fanatic about the actual production of his movies, it must have taken THREE YEARS to finish this project. Secondly, since he was who he was, he really didn't need to have any company pay to have their products in his film. So, why an obscure Imperial? The answer might lie in the fact that he had a special 1954 New Yorker custom fabricated to his specs. I guess ole Howard was really "one of us".
                                                   Allan from Billings, Montana