From: "Rob McCall" <Rob_Mopar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: Update on update: Seller on IML classifieds
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 23:52:12 -0400
Mark,

My wife is a 3rd year law student, and was off today.  She was doing my
homework for me while I was working.  Erin has compiled a list of =
sheriff
department numbers, district justices, etc.  She did track down a phone
number for this joker the other day as well.  The best contact she made =
was
with the US Postal Service.  The have a department for mail fraud cases, =
and
are mailing us the form to fill out.  They will investigate the =
situation,
and take him to court.

After speaking with the woman from the Post Office, Erin called the =
seller's
number again.  His mother answered, and Erin explained the situation.  =
His
mother wants to make things right, and stated that he now has three =
boxes of
parts in his room, but has no idea what was in them, or what parts I had
paid for.  She is not computer literate, and he decided to go to his
sister's place for the weekend.

Erin explained that by not sending us either the parts or a refund, he =
was
looking at felony charges.  Erin agreed to give them until next Friday =
either get the parts to us, or the refund.  (This will also give us time =
for
the form to arrive from the Post Office).  So the saga continues.

After speaking to his mother, we've come to the conclusion that this guy =
is
a slacker, not a criminal mastermind.  Not that that is an excuse, but =
at
least he's not making a career of this (yet).  And if nothing shows up =
on
Friday, he'll find out what it's like to have a federal agency poking =
and
prodding him.

Rob McCall
'67 LeBaron