IML: Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Gas Station

IML: Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Gas Station

Actually, it was AT the gas station.  I stopped to gas up my 77 NYB, as I do
oh so often, and the guy at the next pump started talking to me.
Apparently, he knew the guy who owned my 77!  Now, the most interesting part
I found was that ever since I bought the car, I've gotten the distinct
impression that this car was not just something that someone got tired of or
just started to neglect.  I always thought that the person who owned it
either passed away suddenly or just got too old to drive.  Well, it turns
out that I was right.  The guy who owned it had gotten old and couldn't
drive anymore.  He was taken to a home and the govt. liquidated his assets.
The car was bought by a local junk yard where it sat for who knows how long.
I bought it from them last summer and have been enjoying it ever since!

I asked the guy that if he ever say the old man to tell him that I am taking
care of his car and enjoying it very much.

Please quote this message in your reply.  Otherwise I will be unable to
reply to your message.  Thanks.