IML: '68 Mileage

A light finally went on in the dark caves called my head.
The speedometer IS significantly off.  Like at 37 when I'm
doing 55.  I was tracking my speed with my GPS.  So
the odometer is reading less mileage than I have driven.
Given that percentage difference up there, I probably got
around 12 mpg instead of 8.  But I am still going to get the
timing belt checked out and get it tuned up....as soon as my
factory service manual gets here.  Appreciate all your input...
and on the speedometer fix...would that be a gear somewhere
or just a cable replacement?

Mister Ed
'68 Crown Convertible