Re: IML: 57 Imperial in England

Quoting Ian Beeby <ibeeby@xxxxxxx>:

> The worst problem that I find driving in UK with an older car is that
> people will drive very close in an attempt to identify the make of the
> car - and if they cannot see or just don't know where to look they can
> get too close.  This seems to apply just as much if one is on the
> motorway at 70+ miles per hour or in the town at 20+!

Ian, that'swhat that pedal on the right is for.  If somebody gets to close, open
that throttle up.  In Europe, most cars are little four bangers, so even the
older Imperials should easily outrun them.

> By far the worst European country to drive in is Belgium in my

You have never driven in Greece, apparently :)

The driving conditions are harder in Europe, but that makes the average driver
far more competent.  Here in the US, driving is too easy.  So, when a traffic
challenge shows up, most people are unprepared to cope with.  When driving
fast, I feel much safer in Europe, as its far less likely for the slower
motorist to do something stupid and unexpected.

I have never driven an Imperial in Europe, yet.

D^2