Subject: RE: IML: Brake Booster (1963 Le Baron)
From: "Christopher Middlebrook" <delamothe@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 13:08:42 -0400 (EDT)

Looks like a similar path taken by my 62 this summer. Not many people stock our boosters - that was my epiphany too.
Most places will take your booster and rebuild it which is what I had to do. Yours sounds very similar to mine which is a Bendix with the 4 bolts for the master cylinder.

Try these folks. They are very knowledgeable, and they did a super job on my hisssssssssing boossssssssssssssssster:

Power Brake Booster Exchange
4533 SE Division St
Portland, OR

503 238 8882

Kanter sells a beautiful re-casting of the master cylinder. Might as well change it too if you're going through all of that trouble to begin with.

And that leads to another super handy tool, the power brake bleeder from Motive Products. It will save you a lot of time and hassle. And it's worth every penny of the 60 or so bucks with shipping.

Not that there is anything wrong with a friend or neighbor helping you pump up the pedal, but when they forget to tighten the master cylinder cover and then you get brake fluid all over your freshly painted valve cover... Well, you get my drift.

Have fun!

Chris Middlebrook
62 Custom