IML: Alternators and an apology...

Fellow Imperialists,

I apologize for my typo on my comment about alternators and horsepower draw when they are charging the system.  I mistakenly wrote down a power draw from 10 to 40 horsepower when in fact it is 1 to 4 horsepower on the average for an 80 Amp alternator.  (4 HP when it is running at full field)
Larger models such as the Leece Neville which generate up to 300 Amps obviously require more horsepower.

Anyway, please accept my apology for the innacurate typo.  It is my mission as an engineer to inform and not confuse...

Chris Middlebrook
62 Custom Southampton