IML: 68 heater core

Hi All.
Last night when I got home my 68 Imperial started to smoke out of the heat vents I then turned on the heat and it turned out to coolant.
I have a heater unit from my parts car.
Here is the problem I can not get the heater core out of the housing I have taken out the 4 bolts that hold the pipes to the case.
But I can not get the pipes out of the case to get the core out so I can get the core tested how do you get the core out of the housing.
Is there anywhere I can buy a new core.
And can you get the core out of the car without removing the dash.
Thank you.
Bob Hanekamp
68 Imperial