Re: IML: Help: 1967 Coupe Carburetor Installation

Re: IML: Help: 1967 Coupe Carburetor Installation

Great, send me what you got.. I was thinking the same thing, as far as drilling it out.  I'm not sure ont he electirc choke, I think I have it straight, seems to be running correctly.

In a message dated 9/30/04 10:07:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time, mechimike@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Any help with the linkage conversion?
>
> I was told by Edlebrock I needed a certain linkage
> conversion kit, which I
> got, but it does not seem to fit.  Can someone give
> me some guidance on this
> one.
>
> Seems easy enough.. but the converter does not seem
> to line up correctly.

As I recall on mine, I think I may have had to drill
out one of the holes.  The bracket bolts on (with a
bolt, nut, and washer) to the existing lever on the
carburetor, but uses some of the hardware off of the
Holley.

I'll take a picture of mine and send it to you
privately, that should help.  Keep in mind I have a
tendency to re-engineer things to the way _I_ think
they should be, and occassionally I have been known to
ethnically-engineer things if I'm running short on
time or materials.  (Case in point- the wire zip-ties
holding part of my carburetor linkage on!)

On a related note, did you get the electric choke
hooked up properly?  They can be a little tricky, but
as long as the heater comes on when the key is in the
"on" position and it pulls off fully when warm, you're
"in like flint".

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

Beautiful Boxcar