IML: new addition to the family!

Hey Gang!

I am send this message in reguard to my newest Imperial member in my family. Yesterday I got a call from a guy in town wanting to sell his Imperial. He heard about me from where I work and the fact that I seem to be the only guy in the area that is nuts for anything Imperial. Well I got a call at work and he proceeded to tell me that he has a 66 Imperial Crown 4 door hard-top for sale. Well I told him the time that I was off work and that I would be there after a short visit to the hospital to see dad. ( who is now home)..He told me that it is in rough shape and that he needed 750.00 for the car.

Upon arriving at the location, I noticed the car was not in the very poor shape that I had expected. While the car did have rust in the rear quarters,, it was not all that bad. He told me that the interior was shot and I expected that...BUT I find only a couple little rips in the Driver's seat.

Well at this point,, I am expecting a car that will barely run, if even at all. I asked him if it would crank and he YEAH it runs pretty decent. I hopped in it and fired up the mighty first year 440. It ran like a champ! Once again I was surprised! Of course, with any Imperial that I have ever bought, it needed a muffler badly. I offered him 400.00 for the car and he hesitated, but took it after being offered 1500.00 for it for a derby car!!! I did well,,,,huh???

Upon futher inspection, I noticed the certi-card under the hood. At least at one point, this car was well cared for. so I continued looking the olds girl over. It needs tires and an over all heavy cleaning..........AND the one thing that I shoudl have figured,,,the car is OF COURSE...Haze Green.

I will be getting the car this Friday and I will report more on the findings that I see.....

Tony Fortner
(IMP 66-69-71-90)