1962 Imperial Disk Brake Conversion?

Hi I'm Ken or I440toyou.The prop valve is 50/50 on a chrysler,but that’s got nothing to do with the travel.You still have air somewhere so try pressure bleeding them like the new cars,this will force the air out at least.If there is a leak that will show.The factory discs could stop a mack truck,so give that a try.
----- Original Message -----
From: jsadowski
Sent: Sunday, August 29, 2004 12:06 AM
Subject: Re: IML: 1962 Imperial Disk Brake Conversion?

I have a 60 with the same brakes & there is very little pedal travel. I agree that these brakes make me feel less than confident when I use them. However they do stop such a heavy car fairly well. I think something is still wrong if you are getting a lot of travel in the pedal. If the are unfamiliar with adjusted the shoes, that may be the problem. The adjustment amount is very little, plus 3 of the adjusters on each side need to adjust with the forward rotation of the wheels. The one on the rear wheels furthest back adjusts in a rearward rotation. Since you  have the incorrect master, that would be suspect also. The proportioning valve may also not be right for this combination.
John