Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2004 7:10 AM
Subject: Re: IML: 1960 Imp problems - any help?

I'm lost.  I thought we were talking about the idler arm bushing, then Dietmar asks if there is any "PU bushing".  What's a PU bushing?  And then jsadowski wrote they are the same up thru '63 (I have a '63)........ and get the ball bearing conversion kit.  There's a ball bearing idler arm bushing available?  From where?  Or did I get derailed in the conversation?

Thanks for straightening me out so I can understand.

--Brooks in Dallas
   '61 and '63

jsadowski wrote:
These are the same up through 63 Imperial. If you can't get the regular bushing, get the ball bearing conversion kit. These seem to be readily available & don't seem to wear out. I put one in my 60 14 years ago & it is still fine.
John