Sent: Friday, August 27, 2004 1:20 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 1953 for sale EXTRA emblems

Jerry and club, Having a '60 "LeCrown" it is not unheard of for dealers to have "upgraded" lesser models.  My car is a documented case of a Crown being LeBaronized.  There is also a '59 "LeCrown" on the site.  It doesn't take much of a stretch to think a dealer would have done about anything to move these expensive cars.

Richard Burgess
'60 "LeCrown"
'60 LeBaron

Jerry hesch <jerryhesch@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Greetings,
I have posted my 1953 Chrysler Custom Imperial 4-door for sale.  It is hard to let it go but I had my 3rd low back surgery this April and have more work on the turnstyle so Orthopedically I really do not havewhat it takes to own one of these.  Metaphorically the car has much meaning, my then fiance (now wife) was absolutely encouraging to me to buy and enjoy the car-a very different paradigm than what I had experienced in 19 years of previous marriage.  I have even contemplated that I could just park it andsit in it and enjoy the esthetics but really these should be driven.  The less than 500 miles I did drive sure brought me a lot of joy and a lot of head turns.  I always chuckle with the Fluid Drive shifting.  I posted it on the IML for sale site and on
E-bay item # 2487837573.  Of course I would be partial to any IMLer who may be interested.  It would be nice to find it a good home especially as it has such potential.
One question: I have no reason to believe that this was an after market change.  The car has the crown emblem on the front and back trunk and on all wheel covers-Why?  Was this just a marketing thing an option at the dealer to make it a tad more "spiffy"?
Thank you in advance for your reply.
Sincerely
Jerry Hesch

Do you Yahoo!?