Steering Wheel Repair

There is a wheel repair kit sold by eastwood.
http://eastwood.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=2496&itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&keyword=steering+wheel

http://eastwood.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=2569&itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&keyword=steering+wheel

Modern paints are applied to the rubber bumpers found on cars these days.  They sometimes have a flex-agent mixed in, or so I have heard.  I was planning on using paint with such and investigating when I got to that point on my car.

Beware that one normally pulls on the wheel getting in and out, and this will flex it, so whatever agent is used must have some flex, which would make the choice of filler especially important.  Prep of the crack could make a difference, I should think.

George Laurie, are you reading this?  Got any plastic tips?

-Kenyon

GeoNort@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hi List,
The steering wheel on my 64 LeBaron needs some minor crack repair. Has anyone done this repair before and what did you use to fill in the cracks? Any special requirements for the finish paint? Any info would be appreciated.
George

1964 Lebaron work in progress
1963 Parts Car.