'59 continuing saga, must be a test

Well, on the way home from work last night I stopped at Kragen auto supply who were very helpful in helping me find an air cleaner for my '59 Imperial. It was one of those small ten inch Edelbrock air cleaners, but it fit my new carb like a glove. Armed with my new air cleaner I went out and put it on the car, and settled in for my first day of driving it since I got it back from the engine rebuild. I drove down to the shopping center, and when I pulled into the parking lot my horn suddenly went on and would not turn off, so I got out and pulled the horn wires. When I came out of the store and went to drive the car I noticed the steering wheel was all wobbly, moving from side to side, and I could even pull it out a bit. I just said to myself this is just great, but maybe I can fix it when I get home. When I got home I removed the bottom dash panel from under the steering shaft, but could not find anything. Then I removed the horn ring and the rectangle horn apparatus in the center, and the bolt holding on the wheel was firmly in place. It seems like there is some bearing in the steering column that has broken or given way near the top of the column, does anyone know about this? I then drove the car to the last mechanic who last worked on the steering to see what he thought, and he was pretty much in agreement as to what I thought. Then on the way home I was within a mile of home when I noticed the temperature start climbing, and I could smell coolant, so I turned into the closest gas station and raised the hood to a cloud of steam, but I could see no hose leaks anywhere. One of the mechanics came out and after it cooled down added some water only to find it pouring out under the left side exhaust manifold. This definitely did not look good to me. Then another mechanic came out with a mirror and held it down under the manifold, and said it either blew some release valve if it had one, or the head was cracked. This is definitely not what I wanted to hear after just getting my beauty back. My day ended up calling Auto Club and having them come out with a flat bed to haul the car back to where I had the engine rebuilt, and I parked in front of the shop which was already closed by this time. I am now envisioning not having the car again for another few weeks. I hope things get better. It seems like the more I improve the car the more things that are going wrong. I guess I'll just keep singing "The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow."

Bill '59 Crown