Evansville Chrysler plant

I just moved to Evansville, Indiana recently and discovered that there was once
a Chrysler factory here.  There was a plaque on the wall of a local store,
given to the owner of the store, congratulating the local Chrysler factory on
producing the last "hull" in 1953.  I don't know if this was a ship's hull, a
tank, or a car.  The owner seemed to think they built Dodges and Plymouths here
until the 50's.

Does anyone know anything about the Chrysler factory in Evansville, Indiana?

Thanks, Mark