From: <RandalPark@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 1:06 AM
Subject: Re: IML: My 60 mph hubcap!

> Where did you find a '60 LeBaron wheel cover, Dave? At $300.00 it was
probably a bargain!

> I also have one of those cars, and I am very lucky to have a single spare
that is not for sale. I found it in the locked trunk of a '60 LeBaron in a
wrecking yard. I had to crawl into the trunk through the opening behind the
back seat to get it. The yard was in rattlesnake country and I was told was
very dangerous. I had done that to three other junked LeBarons over a period
of six years and only found one wheel cover.

> It was very frustrating since those four cars would each have originally
had four wheel covers, which made a total of 16. Finding only one was real
slim pickin's!

dave-tracy.sherratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> > Don, I  lost one of my Le Baron ones in a similar circumstance years
ago. I think that at all you can do is to pull back with some pliers the
insides where they grip with the wheel.I Hope that will help you out. A
Loss of a hubcap can be a very expensive thing , the replacement for my Le
Baron was over 300 bucks !.
> > Regards
> > Dave.

day), to show off my car to some former employees.  Then a horrible metallic
racket that scared the living you know what out of me.  I quickly pulled
over and my right front hubcap that was following me passed me at 60 mph
then suddenly crossed the median and slammed into the guardrail on the North
bound side.  Needless to say my hubcap that I recently refurbished was a
total loss.  Does anyone have a