1959 Chrysler Imperial New Yorker LeBaron Crown South Hampton...say what

--- Chad Smith <hemi_powered@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Have you all seen this on Ebay?  This 1959 Imperial
> is listed as a limited edition 1959 Chrysler
> Imperial New Yorker Le Baron Crown South Hampton.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2481801478&category=43905

I noticed this one this morning -- it provided a good
chuckle for a Monday morning!

It's actually a 1959 Imperial LeBaron.  Period.  One
might add that it is indeed a Southampton, which
indicates that it is a hardtop rather than a sedan.

Notice also that it sports 1962 Imperial hubcaps, an
incorrectly painted engine (kind of surprising for a
car that "has only been driven 500 miles since 1970"),
and the seller starts the fourth sentence of the ad
with, "This Chevy is beautiful."  Yikes!

Up next week -- the delightful DeSoto Deluxe
Highlander Newport Special Edition Monaco with the St.
Regis Spring Special 50th Anniversary TNT Dual Ghia
Crown Package.

Or something like that.  ;o)

Elijah

=====