Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 2:16 PM
Subject: IML: re: discussion of brand of shock absorbers

Some years ago, ROAD & TRACK did a comprehensive comparison test of
different brands of
shocks on two different vehicles:  a Volvo and a Corvette (sorry--just the
facts).

I distinctly remember that Gabriel was noted as decidedly superior to
Monroe, especially when it
came to handling.

I've never seen any other entity do a head-to-head comparison test on
shocks.  So, for what it's
worth . . to you . . .

                                                                 Jerry Chase
    (PackardJerry@xxxxxxxxxxx)