Laying Carpet

I've unpacked the new carpet for my '68 Imperial Crown
and loosely laid the front and rear carpets in the
car. I am hoping that the carpet will relax in the
heat of the car and make fitting easier.

Alignment is going to be tricky. Are there suggestions
for positioning the carpet correctly before cutting? I
can see making a problem for myself if I get the slits
wrong for the center armrest.

Thanks for your help.

Dave Duricy
1973 Imperial LeBaron