Removing glass from frames

Hi,I440toyou.Theres probably a glass man in the area to take the windshield out,and your rear wind shield.they guarantee there work,and if the glass breaks,its free!The doors,and wing unbolt.Use good skrew drivers,ratchet ect.OOOOOh yea:CRCorWD40 is important.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 9:28 PM
Subject: IML: Removing glass from frames

Hello List,

Unfortunately I am going to have to rechrome the frames around the windows in my '65 convertible.  Has anyone gone down this road before and removed the glass from the frames?  What's the procedure?  I have removed the screws at the base of the frame (3) but I am hesitant to continue without consulting the List to see if someone has done this before.  Obviously, I don't want to harm the glass in any way but it has to come out if those frames are going to shine again!  I have four 'regular' windows and two vent windows and they all need the glass separated from the frames.

Help please!

Greg and Russell