Tom, Some '66 Information

Tom

We too have a '66 Imperial Division vehicle.  Most of the time when I need /
want mechanical parts I go to the local NAPA.

The internal parts of your enginge is the same as Chryslers '66 New Yorker.

The left ( drivers side ) exhaust manifold is differant than the '66 New
Yorker.  Their "dump" location is differant.

The '66 Imperial Division valve covers are also only for the Imperials since
they have the attached spark plug holders to the valve cover.

Your standard alternator has an higher amp than the lessor Chrysler ( 34.5 ).
 Your amps should be 44 or 51 if it still has the original alternator.

Due to the weight of the larger full framed Imperials over the smaller
unibodied and thinner skinned sheet metaled Chryslers the standard issue
transmission is a close cousin to the truck or motor home torqueflight.  Either
way a 727
filter is a 727 filter.

To handle the above weight the Imperials have 9/16" wheel studs over the
Chryslers 1/2".  Your brakes are 11" x 3" all the way around, vs the 11" x 2
3/4
front and 11" x 2 1/2" rears of the Chryslers.

I hope some of this information is useful for you the next time you need a
part or when they call the  Imperial a Chrysler.

                                      Rodger & Gabby
                                      Colo Spgs