Imperial related / Salon

I admit to being unconcerned about people quitting the list.  It is not the
end of the world.  But it is definitely true that it is very important to
keep all posts Imperial focused.  Topics emerge and replies wander off into
vague territory or, even, worse lead to a dispute that really has no bearing
to Imperials.  I have my own pet peeves, I won't deny it, but won't list
them either.  My point is that before you jump into starting a thread, or
keeping one going, just ask yourself, "Is my contribution Imperial related?"
I have noticed time and again that we rarely squabble over Imperial related
items but that once we leave the defined focus of the list you can safely
bet that there will be tears before bed time.

I am curious about the Salon.  I think it is another mailing list, under the
auspices of the Online Imperial Club, which you have to join.  It has been a
long time since I have read, "Let's take this to the Salon."  I am not sure
how to join it.  It might be useful for directions to be given to join it.
Evidently there are very few posts to it, so it probably would not add
appreciably to the number of e-mails a person receives.  (I don't mind real
messages, but advert junk is another matter.)  There is a value to there
being a list which, though anchored in affection for Imperials, allows folks
who sign up for the service to wander a little further afield.

Hugh