Hood Relase Cable Broke - Help!

On Sunday, May 16, 2004, at 07:13 AM, Oneof514@xxxxxxx wrote:

> The hood release cable just broke on my 66 Imperial - naturally with
> the hood closed!
>
> Any suggestions for getting it open again are much appreciated.

Hi Wayne,

I had this happen on my '65 a long time ago. As I remember, you can pop
the latch by using a long screwdriver to push it sideways, or you can
loop a piece of wire around it and pull it. I had to do this for quite
awhile!

To fix the cable, you'll need to get hold of some stiff wire (like
piano wire). I had a machinist drill out the old cable from the handle
and secure the new one with a set screw.

Best,
JM