'59 back to square one

Bill,
I have to agree with so many ohter people who have posted here. If you are not
capable of doing the simple tests  like compression and a tune up you need to
find a mechanic who shares our love of old cars. You may have to do a bit of
searching.  Not knowing where you live it is hard to tell you where to look. If
you are in a big city area perhaps looking a bit further out towards the
suburbs / country. I have found some pretty good mechanics outside of town.
George

1964 Le Baron.