A/C woes'...Auto Temp...1970 Model year...

A/C woes'...Auto Temp...1970 Model year...

Hey Everyone!

I thought it be best to keep this updated as possible.

I tested the main and compressor switch along w/ a few other things I felt
seemed like "Why is this here??" kind of a thing.  But hey, it's something
new and extremely enjoyable!!!!  Anyhow, I tested the last switch in the A/C
system (Compressor Ambient Switch) and found it to be open (no continuity
when testing it w/ an ohm meter).  Well, it a servicable switch which is
awesome!  It is located just off to the right of center of the engine on the
bulk head (fire wall).  I adjusted it so that it would close (make contact)
properly...well, as best as I could due to not knowing how to do it since it
was my first time.  Anyways, I checked the resistance prior to install and
it is at 0.6 Ohms.  I installed it and fired her up.  She took off like it
was new!...well, repaired.  :)

I switched the multimeter to measure temperature and while she sat in Tony's
garage it was right about 47 degrees.  I know it'll cool down better going
down the road.

I'll fully test it this week and let everyone know how things are going.

Thanks again everyone!

chris
'70 Imp LeBaron...working Auto Temp!