dardal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2004 6:38 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: New Imperial in the fold!

Don.  If there is little to no rust in the car, and if the brakes are
working, I
would say this car is worth saving.  Some inserted coments below:

>      Pro-Very good condition leather seats, h/liner,door panels and
> dash!

The leather interior is generally expensive to redo, and this being original
sounds like good news.

>      Con- Carpet is shot and mouldy. Dash has 3 "factory"? holes above
> speedo-h/lite dimmer(?) missing?

>   Mechanical:
>     Pro: Engine runs and trans works ( in driveway )
>     Con: Engine runs rough.

The rough part should be easy to fix.  Most likely the holley is giving up.
If
it turns out the engine and transmission to be in good shape, I would say
its
worth fixing the above, little by little.  You can still drive the car even
if
in not perfect condition.  I suspect you paid very little for it, so there
should be some cash left!  But you would have to do some of the work
yourself,
otherwise it can get too expensive and not be done right.

Know nothing about the salvage title.

D^2, 2x68