William Benson 1938 Sedan

     Welcome to the IML, Willie. You have joined a small group of
Imperial owners with cars of the 30's when cars were built to last and a
large group of owners with examples of the newer Imperials which were to
follow.
     We would be interested in pictures and
description of your Grandad's car. If you've not restored an auto
before, you are in for a pleasant & some times frustrating journey.
     My restoration consisted of
(1) Bringing the mechanics, (Engine, Suspension, Brakes, etc.) to
serviceable condition.
(2) Exterior. Body, paint, glass etc.
(3) Interior. Upholstery, carpets, seats, radio, dash gauges etc.
     At that point, I thought I was finished
with the restoration. However I discovered
a restoration is never finished as evidenced by my car sitting in the
garage
awaiting completion of the fuel pump replacement .  :)
     A 1938 shop manual & parts book are
an asset & can be found on eBay frequently. I've also found other parts
on eBay. I have a 38 shop manual as it is also used for my 39 Imperial &
can help you with copies of some of the mechanical procedures.

Welcome aboard.
Jim

  http://www.imperialclub.com/yr/1939/limo/martin/index.htm