Brand New Dead Battery

New batteries often need to be used for a while before they sit too much. I
bought a new battery for one of my cars, and then immediately afterward had a
fuel problem which lead to me cranking the engine too long, thus draining the
battery.

I was able to charge it, and get the car to run after fixing the fuel problem,
only to leave the car at the local glass shop the next day for a new windshield
and have a problem all over again.

While they were changing the windshield, they left all of the doors open, all
day with the interior lights on. Remember, this is just after I drained the
battery trying to crank it with no gas. This time the battery was dead, so they
put a charger on it for an hour which did nothing. We jumped the car with their
van, so I got home.

Two weeks later I bought another new battery. I don't think I would blame the
battery in this case, just a lot of bad luck and some dummies at the glass
shop. By the way, the dummies decided that they had to smash the windshield to
remove it from the car, so even after six months I am still finding glass
shards in the seats and carpet.

Paul