Backup light operating lever question

Hello imperialists

If this is a duplicate, please forgive.  I did not see it come through the system and assume my first one was somehow rejected.  I am inquiring about what I assume is a 1967 – 1968 steering column operating lever for the backup light switch.  This is for standard steering columns.  I do not know if Tilt / telescopic happens to be the same or not.  I understand the plastic “operating lever” (see 1968 Imperial / Chrysler Factory Service Manual (FSM) pages 19-28 or 19-39 for a picture of the part I need).  I have two working back-up light switches.  I need the “Operating Lever” (The Chrysler part for 1967 is 2880948) which according to the FSM can’t be reused if it is removed from a car.  I have a used one that I acquired and it seems to be complete but the plastic would be 36 years old.  I was hoping to find a new one but assume there is no such thing.  I was told Saginaw (GM) built those steering columns for Chrysler and that GM parts guys might have one that would work.    There is a plastic prong (thin) that is inside the steering column (likely connects to the gearshift lever on column-mounted cars).  The other end is a thicker, partially hollow arm that pushes against the moveable part of the Backup-up light switch (as seen in the photos of FSM).

Any suggestions you can give as to finding the part or how you have improvised to fabricate one for your cars to get the backup lights to work would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Sincerely,

Bradley R. Teets, CPA/PFS, CFP

"Securities offered through Financial Investment Analysts, Inc. -

 Member NASD / SIPC"