Charging System out to lunch...

Maybe you have a drain on the battery.  There could be
something that is causing the battery to run down
prematurely.  Make sure all dome, trunk, etc lights
extinguish, same with brake lights.  Then check for
possible shorts to ground.  Remove the battery cables
and put an ohm meter across them, making sure the key
is off and all accessories are turned off.  If it
reads anything other than infinity (or a really really
high number) then you have a (partial) short
somewhere.  If you have a current meter, you can just
clamp it onto one of the battery cables with the
battery still connected and see if current is being
drawn at "rest".

>   Seems my charging system is out of commission. My
> battery is way too low for any kind of starting
> however the lights seem to still work as well as the
> power windows, just a bit slower and dimmer. I
> replaced my alternator with another I have, same
> with the voltage regulator. All the related wires
> are solid and verified that they are OK.
>   Im lost at this point, I put the other three
> batteries in other cars that I used on the Crown
> Coupe during the replacement process and they are
> holding a charge just fine, just not in my Imperial.

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

One point eight litres
Stromberg carburators sing