A/C Question

Yes I would do it right, put the new drier on
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 10:25 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: A/C Question

I have decided to go over my A/C system before it gets a million degrees here. I have had the car for 2-3 years with no A/C. I have taken all the related hoses in and have had new ones made. I have a new compressor I purchased last year ready to be installed.
I have made the decision to go with the old R-12 since the car designed for that, my concern isn't about the cost but more with what the system was designed for.
The parts counter jerk at my parts store claims I should also replace the drier and clean out the rest of the components before filling the system.
Do I really need to purchase another drier?
Since I have the system apart, is there any way I can clean it out on my own?

Regards,

Patrick Williams
High Desert, Southern California
65 Ford F 350 Super Duty Dually