power steering

Hi Everyone, I have a 68 that I replaced the power
steering pump last week and now when i went to take it
for a drive ( with the top down)and there was no power
steering. I was dying to drive the car with the top
down and I couldn't do it. What else would cause that
problem ? THe oil level was fine in the pump. This was
the first nice day in New York to take the car out
with
my KIds and I had to cancel. So if some one knows what
else could cause the problem let me Know. Thanks
everybody. Luis

I have a 1974 New Yorker and i would like to know what
parts would fit my 68. It has a 440. Is it the same as
mine? I've heard that some are big blocks and small
blocks. The ac,brakes,booster,PS,radiator, heater
system or anything else. I know the tranny is
different.
THanks Luis