From: <PNKMoore@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 8:57 PM
Subject: Re: IML: '58 reproduction tail lights and determination of original
color

Hey Folks:

I've had my ‘58 Imperial "project car" for about two weeks, and while all
I've had time to do on it is wash it and shove it into a garage, I've
greatly
enjoyed being in the club and reading all of the emails.  I've learned a
lot.

At one point, I think I was cruising through the Imperial website and saw
where someone was advertising their ability to produce reproduction tail
lights.
I've looked since and I can't find that entry.  I want to make this car a
daily driver, not necessarily a show car, so I'm not particularly concerned
about
finding and dropping serious money on NOS taillights.  Can anyone direct me
to that site entry or to another source for good reproduction tail light
lenses
for the ‘58?  Mine are broken and all that's left is the base and interior
lens.  The cones are gone.

Also, I'm collecting as much data as I can in anticipation of various stages
of the restoration, and one thing I'm stuck on is the paint.  When I bought
the car I thought it was black.  I've looked at the paint chips, however,
and
I'm not sure Chrysler offered a true "black" in 1958.  It may be "midnight
blue"
or something else.  I've seen references to "fender tags" when determining
original color, but I don't know what that means.  Can anyone give me some
pointers on determining the original color?

I still haven't been able to get at the motor long enough to pull plugs or
the pan and see if I'm got a chance to revive or if I'm looking at a
rebuild,
which I'd have to send out.  I've got plenty of time, of course, but I want
get at it!  Thanks for all of your help.

Patrick Moore
Southeast Louisiana
‘58 4 door hardtop (that may or may not be black)