8 track vs cd player?

My opinion: put the 8-track back in.  I had the one in my '72 Riviera
rebuilt and it works and has a great quadraphonic sound.  It adds to the
mystique of a technology gone by, much as a working Hi-way Hi-Fi in a late
'50s Mopar.  If you must have a cd player to play modern music, install one
in the trunk and use a remote.  I'm going to do that to the Riv and
Bonneville for use on road trips.  I can only listen to standard FM or Don
McLean & Henry Mancini 8-tracks for so long!

Neal Herman
1959 Imperial Crown (AM radio, being rebuilt now)
1965 Pontiac Bonneville (AM/FM with reverb)
1972 Buic Riviera (AM/FM/8-track)

drives perfect..I have a question..The guy we bought it from had a pioneer
am/fm radio cd player installed because as he said his wife didnt like the
sound of the 8-track.it was installed by dr. dashboard and the dash was not
cut in anyway for the cd player..the original 8-track radio came in a box
in the trunk and still works fine..
>   Does the cd player take away from the value of the car and should we
reinstall the 8-track before we take it to shows this summer?..sorry guess
that was 2 questions..