port-a-wall whitewalls

I had an uncle that had similar experiences on his '55 Oldsmobile.  He worked the night shift at a chemical refinery outside of Houston.  He liked to drive fast too and the sidewalks had been rolled up for quite some time when he got off work.  He'd hit the highway in front of the plant and that Rocket V-8 knew what to do.  The first one that flew off on the way home, his wife got irate about (he didn't know what she was talking about until she pointed it out to him).  After one flew off with her, it was different.  He soon went back to regular blackwall tires or bought regular whitewalls next time.  This was back in the later 1950s when whitewall tires ("simulated" or real) were a status symbol.  As a younger car nut, it was really neat listening to him tell about that deal!

Enjoy!
W Bell