Electronic ignition - Jacobs systems?

 To Mr. Bell who mentioned the Jacobs ignitions;

I have had jacobs on two Mopar product - first on my beloved "but now passed"
1977 Dodge 1-ton pickup with 360 and 727, a real workhorse she was, and then on
a 1973 D700 Dodge five-ton dump truck with a 413 industrial engine and 2-bbl
carb.

The pickup was a great old truck, pulled everything I ever hitched her to
without complaint, comfortable, fast, beautiful, etc. her only sticky point was
her insistance on GOOD fuel - I mean the most expensive high octane stuff she
could get. I had been running her on octane boosters etc until I finally put in
the Jacobs ignition kit. After Jacobs installation, she ran better than ever,
better (smoother) acceleration, more power across the whole curve, easier
starting, and ZERO ping when pulling hills - all on midrange fuels.

 With this conquest, I then installed jacobs in the dump truck, which was a gas
hog by necessity and never did run true - and yes, she did have a brand-new
MOPAR performance distributor kit installed and set up correctly. This truck
went from about 5 MPG to 8 MPG, much easier starting, and a much improved idle
- very important when backing slowly into a tight spot with a big truck.

 I'm sure there are situations where the improvements would not be nearly so
noticeable, but I'v been pleased across the board with Jacobs products, and the
installation was simplistic on the two vehicles described - did not need the
tech line except to determine which model to order. Just my humble observations,

Kate Justet Triplett
Kate's Custom Gunleather
Monroe, Washington
Proud mother of a soldier
and owner of  "Lucille" 1968 Crown 4 door HT