carb swap.

Hi All.
I went and bought the 1405 Edelbrock carb. today.
I have a couple of problems here.
1st The hole in the choke is to small to insert the rod.
2nd do I use the vacuum port on the right or the left side of the carb. for the vacuum advance fro the distributor.
3rd How do I hook up the kick down linkage the hole in the throttle is to big to use the rod that was in the holy I still have to get 1481 adapter for the throttle.
4th do I need the adaptor for the aircleaner.
Thank you for any you can give.
Bob
68 imperial