Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 3:54 PM
Subject: IML: Fuel Filter Insert -'56

Spent the afternoon yesterday doing that great man/car bonding thing.  Boy is
it fun working on an old car!

I changed the oil and oil filter, cleaned the air cleaner and refilled it
with fresh oil, replaced the worn front wheel bearings (did the other side just
to keep them even) and toyed around with the fuel filter.  My car still has the
original glass fuel filter housing with a stone filter insert.  Attempts so
far to locate a replacement insert - either stone or paper element - have
failed.  Since the housing is in very good shape and doesn't leak and all of the
fuel lines under the hood are in good shape (and still all steel), I'd like to
leave the configuration the same rather than replacing it with a modern inline
filter.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

I've tried Kanter and Andy Bernbaum both of whom could not help me.  I'm
going to go looking on the Hemmings site but it was down earlier today.

Thanks,
Jeff
'56 Sedan
Trenton, NJ