title troubles? should be relatively easy

title troubles? should be relatively easy

I don't know about anywhere else, but I think Mississippi must be the
easiest place to get a clean title for an abandoned or
lost-title/questionable-title vehicle.  I have had 2 cars that had missing
titles and convoluted histories.  All you have to do is buy a title bond,
take that bond with a bill of sale to the tax collector and they will issue
a clean, pristine title easy as you please.  The bond protects you from
possible attempts by relatives or creditors from coming after YOUR car
(bought in good faith, of course).  I did that with my 67 Sedan De Ville
and my 79 New Yorker with no problems.  Cost is about $75.00 for the
smallest bond available.  Best case scenario, the tax commission would like
for you to make a good faith effort in contacting the previous owner with a
certified letter.  Of course, if they have pasted on to the Church
Triumphant, they can't very well respond, can they?  An estate
administrator would be the next logical person to sign a bill of sale.  My
Cadillac was from a private person and my New Yorker was through a storage
facility so I have seen it work with both situations.  Someone needs to
grab that 82.  If it weren't so far away, I would be on it like white on
rice.

Bobby
64 Crown
65 New Yorker