80's Imperials

Clay,

It is funny how time changes your outlook, sometimes things just have to grow on you.  During late 1960 or early 1961, I saw my first 1961 Imperial, which happened to be a 4-door.  At that time I thought the 1961 Imperial was the most outlandish car I had ever seen, I thought the styling horrible, and would not have wanted to be caught dead in one.  I do believe that 1961 Imperial was the only one I ever saw on the road.  During the last 10 to 15 years I have seen numerous pictures of these cars and a few examples at some large car auctions, so I started to appreciate them.  During the mid nineties, I bought one of these cars for a friend, kept it several weeks before shipping it to France.   While I had the car, drove it often, and enjoyed it very much. My wife, who tolerates my hobby, thought the 1961 was great, those fins really sold her.  I think I could have bought a 1961 then without that first mummer from her.  I think condition enters into this, as I have always felt that a dirty old car was just another old car, while a well care for old car was a thing of beauty.

Best Regards,

Bill/Imp, 68's