Chrome fin "rings" on '59 Imps

Hi Kurt,
I think I have the answer to your question. I believe the medallions on the tail light rings of the 1959 Imperial were for the Custom model. The Crowns were reserved for the Crown and LeBaron, until they went to the double ring for the LeBaron. My car is a Custom model which I am slowly turning into a Crown, and it had the medallions on the rings when I bought it. I removed them, and now have nothing there except the holes they go in, which also fit the crowns. I have three crowns, but need one more, but am in no rush, since I do not intend to put them on until the chrome is redone. I am also thinking of having the crowns gold plated, and may have to have one manufactured by a jeweler if I can't find it. I love the crown logo, and have been collecting everything I can find with it. I guess it all stems back to when I was a kid, and sat in a 1958 Imperial Crown for the first time. I was so impressed by all the crowns everywhere, and felt like that car was made for Royalty!

Bill '59 Crown