Chrysler marketing-product quality

I can't see how they wouldn't leak, especially those with Flightsweep deck lids. They are natural water collectors, and the water is naturally channeled into the trunk through the bolts holding the center hubs on. In '59 they went to a one piece hub, but water still hangs out near the base being drawn into the trunk. Don't know if this was a problem in the later years, but once I weather-stripped the center hub, I never see any water in the trunk, and that is with very worn stripping around the edge of the lid.

Bill '59 Crown