More Imperial Website Material

Paul's reply to the announcement, "A couple of times I was nominated to move
the film strip and play the record," reminds me that I have a ninety image
1958 sales film strip.  I also have the LP, which does not skip when played,
the box, notes on how to have an effective sales meeting, and other
stationary.  If someone is now able to get this stuff onto the web site I
would delighted to share it.  The comparisons with the Cadillac are
tremendous.  It looks so old fashioned by comparison.

The IMperial looks new and fresh.  The Cadillac looks like a dull
reiteration of what went before.  I don't know if its on the web site but I
have an newspaper article that criticises the now much lauded 1959 Cadillac
as being nothing more than a rehash of the 1958 Imperial, and the
similarities are striking.  Exner had a gaeart attack in 1958 and I've read
that someone else dolled up the 1959 in his absence.  Mayve if the 1960 had
arrived in 1959, the sales decline, which was appalling in 1958, could have
been arrested.  Ah, those lovely words, "what might have been."

I also have a video with two thirty minute moving image sales films for 1958
as well.  As these are commerciallu available, I think these are copyrighted
but maybe the company that sells them might allow us to run a short sequence
os two if we posted where the full show can be acquired.  Seeing these old
cars taking the road surface torture test is an eye opener.  The Impeial
sails through.  The Oldsmobile collapses and either it or the Cadillac has
its axle snapped.  The braking tests and the uphill race from a standing
start are impressive also.

Hugh