Quality Control After 1966-and Before

I generally agree with you, but according to the guy I know who worked
for Chrysler at this time, 1968 was considered a HIGH POINT for
quality.  They were considered very good cars.  1969 was considered a
low point.  He said many of the problems were fixed by the dealer
before the car got into the customer's hands-- like emblems falling
off, etc.  But some of these things were not discovered until after the
customer took delivery.  Then they would bring the car back to the
dealer and it was the dealer's obligation to fix these things gratis--
free-- for the customer.  Chrysler kept track of these fixes,
asccording to my source, and there were substantially more fixes on the
69's than the 68's.

I have experienced the leaky trunk thing firsthand on my '71 and it was
a devil of a problem tracking it down.  Also, if you look at the
"Popular Mechanics" roadtest that was done of the 69's you see that a
lot of folks were complaining about leaky trunks at the time.  Too many
for it to be a myth.

Of course, that doesn't change my opinion.  I still love 'em.

MM